Eligible Properties For Foreign Purchasers in Malaysia
Direct ownership is permitted and foreigners are eligible to purchase unlimited number of freehold or leasehold (99 years) properties of any type.
1. Properties valued below RM1,000,000
* Does not apply to properties in Medini, Iskandar, as this region has been granted special incentives. Therefore, foreigners can purchase properties below RM1,000,000 in this area
- For Penang foreigners can only pauchase properties RM1m and above
2. Land or properties with “Malay Reserved” status
* Does not apply to properties in Medini, Iskandar, as properties in this region has been granted special incentives and there is no allocated Malay Reserved quota. Therefore, properties in this area can be 100% foreigners owned
3. Agriculture land, unless purchase is over 5 acres and for commercial purposes
4. Properties assigned under the Bumiputra quota (Malays and indigenous tribes)
Some projects under construction, are required to pre-assign certain percentage of units for bumiputra, a special purchase privilege for the Malays and indigenous tribes in Malaysia.